How to get the test:
Covid 19 Antibody tests are NOW available at FoRM! The lab itself is free for most patients, covered completely, by either your insurance or the federal government if you are uninsured.
Requirements for this test include:
1. Schedule a telehealth visit with either Dr. Kai Herman or Dr. Caitlan Readhead, available Mon- Fri. This visit is subject to a co-pay, deductible or out of pocket cost for uninsured ($98 – $150). Available for new and return patients.
2. Following your telehealth visit, schedule a blood draw at either our clinic (FoRM/Elixia) or a Quest Diagnostic service center.
3. You must be symptom free (no fever, cough, SOB) for at least 10 days prior to and upon presentation for the blood draw.
Blood draws performed at our clinic are subject to our normal processing fee of $25. For blood draws performed at Quest refer to Quest’s Covid testing website for more information and to schedule an appointment https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/Patients/
Your provider will then message or call you with your results, at no additional charge.
Why get the test:
Covid-19 antibody tests evaluate for a prior immune response to the virus, either as a result of viral exposure not resulting in symptoms or succumbing to the virus with symptoms (fever, cough, SOB, sore throat). If you had fallen ill earlier in the year with similar symptoms, it would increase the suspicion of having had the virus when the results are positive.
While no test is perfect and there is still much to understand about this virus and our antibody response to it, a positive result is suggestive of some degree of immunity to this virus. And since this test is imperative to better understand our immune response to this virus, the more data (ie the more testing) that can be collecting and analyzed the quicker we can move toward long-term solutions.
Positive antibody tests do not confirm the diagnosis of Coronavirus, nor give someone license to ignore social distancing and other public health guidelines.
Other clinic updates:
As of May 1st, we have increased our hours of operation and are offering most of our services, with the exception of aesthetic procedures (we will notify you when this changes). We have also updated our policies to reduce spread of the virus. Here they are:
- All providers, staff and patients are required to wear a mask in common areas such as the waiting room and hallway. Mask-wearing within treatment rooms is a decision made between provider and client/patient. At times when the clinic is slower allowing for social distancing in the common areas, a mask may not be required.
- Patients have the option to check-in to their appointments via telephone and can wait in their car to avoid the waiting room. You will then be called once your provider is ready to see you.
- We have already increased our sanitization efforts between patients and will be staggering patients throughout the day as best as possible to reduce contact with others.
- We will continue with our Covid19 screening upon entry to the clinic. If you have any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- When appropriate, temperature checks will be performed by your provider upon entry to the treatment room.
- We do not treat Coronavirus. However, our therapies are aimed at improving overall health and vitality thus helping improve resiliency to stress and illness.
To schedule your appointment, call 503 232 5653